I must hear
from God daily; thankfully His voice of wisdom, knowledge and discretion cries
out by many means. Everything I hear with my ears, behold with my eyes, touch
with my hands, or think in my mind can be used by the Ancient of Days to bring
understanding. Enlightenment awaits the attentive heart. Lord God Almighty,
blessed is the man who listens for Your voice, watching daily, camping at Your
doorway.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment