The
daily struggle for the God-seeker is the dueling impulses of the heart. On the
one hand I sincerely want only His will, but on the other, I am still too
attached to my own. When I lift my hands to the Immortal One, in one is a bowl
of thanksgiving and in the other a cup of sin. He could choose only my praise,
but instead He accepts both, relieving my weary soul of its painful conflict.
How wonderful a thought that when I see Him face to face my earthly striving
will cease. Heavenly Father, You are Perfect and Holy, yet You do not turn away
in disgust, but receive our polluted offerings and pour Your goodness back upon
us. Glorious God, Redeeming Lord, You alone are worthy of all praise.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment