As I
contemplate the wondrous work of the Savior my heart is lifted from its broken
state. The continual drumbeat of fears,
doubts and darkness of this present world slip away in this one thought: God
Himself defeated my lawlessness by one act of redeeming love. If it were
necessary that I redeem myself I could not even offer my last breath as
collateral since even that is God’s gift. But alas, Glorious God, You are the
very One who gathered dust from the earth, made us in Your image and now
restores life in us by the same holy breath. How wondrous You are, to You be
glory forever.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment