My heart is the lens through which I view myself. If allowed
to run wild, pride will prevent me from ever seeing things as they truly are.
Once false realities crystalize we pray with the mindset of a Pharisee: “Thank
God I am not like other sinners.” Prideful comparisons such as “I am better
than him” or “I deserve better than her” are a steep, slippery decent into the
abyss. Freedom from arrogant falsehood demands leaving human comparisons behind
by beholding the Lamb of God. Lord, make me like You. Forgive my self-deception
and strengthen my embrace of the Cross. May truth and love run freely within
me.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment