Having been raised in the flatlands of the Florida coast, my first trip
into the mountains as a twelve-year old was a grand surprise. As we climbed
into the Appalachian foothills the first discovery was how far I could see
behind us, then vistas began to open all around. While living in the past is
useless, learning from where we have journeyed imparts wisdom and discretion
for now and the future. When we rise above where we have been; where we now are
and where we are headed come into better focus. Father, teach me to see from
the highest place. I will lift up my eyes to You first that I may rightly see
all else.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment