My calendar stays full, but the real
issue is whether my lamp is full; when the Bridegroom arrives will any oil be
found? I cannot depend upon past spirituality as this day approaches already
filled to the brim, so early will I seek Him, now will I praise Him. The first
tear of repentance floods the soul with grace, the first word of praise uncaps
the well of joy, a single Promise proclaimed sends demon hoards scattering!
Lord God of Mercy and Goodness, I praise you afresh. May Your oil of gladness
flood my soul and ignite full flamed. Darkness now scampers away as Your Light dawns!
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment