Biblically
framed love for God requires obedience to Him; keeping His commandments is not
an optional add-on, it is the core component of a life well lived. We obey the
one we love the most, so my constant nemesis is divided love. The more I
repudiate egocentrism in every form, the easier obedience to God becomes. Self-loathing
offers no relief since it is nothing more than another form of
self-centeredness. Yesterday’s
submission to God counts for nothing today, only moment by moment surrender today
will do. Lord, I desire Your ways. Though You own me, still I struggle from
Your grasp. In Your boundless mercy bind my heart to Your will.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment