Skip to main content

STILL WATERS

As I awaken to the dawning of a new day apprehensions and responsibilities immediately attempt to take control of the moment, but first I must sit at the Master’s feet. Frankly, like Martha, I too am tempted to complain from the kitchen rather than choose a “better thing” as did Mary. Even my morning prayers are often poorly concealed attempts to get something accomplished, being little more than another checklist. I must again ask myself, would a gushing river of thoughts and words accomplish more than quiet meditation? The words of the psalmist come to mind: “Be still and know that I am God.” Rather than complex wordsmithing that does little more than occupy my own mind as I pray, today I will let go of my concerns in silent seeking. Lord, You are enthroned over all. In peace do I praise You. On green pastures I repose, by still waters I rest and by Your hand Good Shepherd, my soul is restored. 

Comments