On my morning walk I was behind a man and woman
walking ahead of me. I immediately noticed the differences in their body
language, she was on a mission and he was walking. His attention was primarily
on consuming a “tall latte”, while hers was to keep him walking; the perfect
picture of a routine walker and a rookie. He finished his coffee, then his
"want to" kicked in and he tried to lead. In just
minutes he slowed down again looking pretty exhausted. I could tell she had
seen all this before, but she kept him moving. This is a shout out to all the
teachers, pastors, coaches, mentors, parents and all the others who push us
down the road. LORD Almighty, thank You for all the means you apply to keep me
moving forward, please keep pushing me down the road.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment