As I
have grown older I have become increasingly aware of how little actual control
I have over surrounding circumstances. Though it is unnerving, moving from the
driver’s seat to the passenger seat is actually a good thing since I do not
warrant unmitigated control of my life. My record is littered with the debris
of failures where I attempted to be my own final authority. So instead, I will
bow my knee to the Master of the Universe again today. He made me, He keeps me,
He called me and I am His. Glorious Lord, I am at peace with surrender to Your
supremacy. Purge my heart that I may more easily yield to Your regulation and
restraint. You have redeemed my life with the highest of prices and I am
blissfully Yours.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment