True love
requires extensive study; seeking to understand is a hallmark of genuine love.
A mother loves her child for many reasons, but one powerful source of her deep love
is that she studies her child. Her intense desire to understand this tiny new
person in her arms requires more than a mere glance or passive ear. Profound
love requires intense concentration. If I want to dismiss people or even hate
them I can choose ignorance; placing them in a category of people I don’t like, determining to learn nothing about them. God never does that. Instead, His
Eye is constantly upon us, His ears attuned to our slightest whimper. And as
Father of All, He requires that we, as his children, seek to understand the other
objects of His love. Lord increase my love for You and for all Your children.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment