Skip to main content

WHO & WHY

One of my regular life experiences is to walk down huge hallways in the congressional office buildings in DC where there is one stately door after another in hallway after hallway on floor after floor. In the Halls of Congress, you can easily get into any office, but what is accomplished depends on who you are and why you are there. Actually, life can feel like this for each of us. Critical life questions are: “who am I?” and “why am I here?” There may be powerful opportunities on the other side of an open door, but do I belong there? Is it the LORD who calls me in or is it my own curiosity or selfish desire? God declares: “I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut.” That is the door I choose. LORD, take me where you will and keep me out of where I don’t belong. 

Comments