I woke up thankful today. Thankfulness usually
floats close to the surface for me, but ordinarily it is not my first morning
reaction. Constant, auto-response gratefulness requires a level of surrender
that still mostly eludes me. Typically I must first navigate through a maze of
my own thoughts and emotions before I reach the bliss of thankfulness. A strong
sense of gratitude, love and appreciation is not rooted in circumstances; it
flows from a deeper understanding of God’s goodness and love. Today, I am there quickly and without conditions. Thank
You Father for the early gift. You are so very Good.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment