Still
in the passing darkness of early morning and already, I hear birds singing. Why
does a bird awaken with a song in its heart? I suppose it wakes up excited
about the prospect of eating worms. I have much more to look forward to, yet I
am not nearly as enthusiastic as they. Lord, thanks for the reminder. This day
is prepared by Almighty God and I am destined to be in it. Gracious Father,
awaken my heart to Your whisper, though I don’t know what today will bring, I
am very grateful to be in it. You have ordered my steps for this new day and
will not abandon me. Chirp, chirp, I feel better already.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment