Love requires study. A mother
loves her child for many reasons, but one powerful source of her love is that
she studies her child. Her intense desire to understand this tiny new person in
her arms requires more than a mere glance or a passive ear. Real love requires
study. If I want to dismiss people I don't understand I can simply place
them in a prejudiced category I have available and leave them there. God never
does that. Instead, His Eye is constantly upon us, His ears attuned to our
slightest whimper. And as Father of All, He requires that we, as his children, seek
to understand the other objects of His love. Selah.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment