Life
often seems like a rugby scrum. While I know full well that God is always
present and all His ways are loving and faithful, still, at times it feels as
if I’m dwelling in a trash compactor. Each time I am tempted to complain I must
remember that there are much more powerful options; Instead of complaining about
the pressures, I can glorify God in my distress. I can confess His Promises and
shout for joy, giving grateful praise to Him who is ever faithful. I can put on
a garment of praise and anoint my head with the oil of joy. Glorious Father,
You are my Keeper; Your presence sustains me in the midst of chaos. I lift my
eyes to You, my Fortress, my Deliverer, my Peace.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment