In a
world of mass production, custom design is all the rage. Yet, when it comes to
spiritual matters we all too often just follow the crowd. No one else can
protect my heart from following after the wrong things. Only I can surrender my
decisions to God; depending on others to do what only I can is not only
foolish, it can be deadly. What may be permissible for another person could be
disastrous for me. The path for someone else could lead me astray. I must allow
God’s Word and Spirit to custom design my daily walk. O Lord My Keeper, help me
dwell safely in Your protective care. Corral my straying heart and bind me to
Your will alone. Help me stay in my own lane.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment