“And Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do,” Luke 23:34 (ESV). None of them understood what was really happening in that dark moment…not the Romans, not the Pharisees, not His disciples, not His mother…no one. But then, the Light broke through to just one, the thief at his side. While one of the thieves cursed him, the other said: “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” And He said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise,” (ESV). I want to be that guy. I desire to see my Savior as He truly is. I wish to understand what is really happening in my darkest moments and trust my life to Him no matter the circumstances. This story reveals that it’s never too late to trust the Redeemer. I’m encouraged to know that God can change everything in the twinkling of an eye. LORD, make it so.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment