“Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the Lord, He is God! It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!” Psalm 100:1-4 ESV. God’s Presence is glorious, soul-cleansing, affirming, and transforming. Nonchalant casualness should never accompany my approach to God; I must not take for granted the high privilege of worship; "For this reason, I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named," Ephesians 3:14 ESV. Almighty Father, forgive my recklessness. May I never show contempt for your kindness by inappropriate brazenness. I acknowledge the privilege of worship, and I bow my knees to Your Majesty.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment