“Teach me to do your will, for you are my God! Let your good Spirit lead me on level ground!” Psalm 143:10 ESV. As a born and raised Floridian, I had little experience with hiking in mountain terrain. But while living in Costa Rica and Ecuador as missionaries, I had many walks on steep, rocky trails. After long hikes to remote villages, I was always happy to return home to more level ground. Life can present some challenging paths to traverse, but the Grace and Goodness of God are always present for the child of God. It is the LORD: “Who keeps us among the living and does not allow our feet to slip or stumble,” Psalm 66:9 AMP. Father, thank You for keeping me safe throughout the many ups and downs of life. Use me to assist others as they traverse life’s deep valleys and steep mountains.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment