Skip to main content

OVERCOMING INDIGNATION

It is impossible to think myself out of being offended; believe me, I have tried. Actually, the opposite is true; the more I mull over offenses and discuss them with others, the more indignant I become. Our fuming deliberations deepen the pain, entrenching us in sullen exasperation and excessive defensiveness. Forgiveness is the key to turning our sorrows into joy since it places the situation into God’s hands; letting go of the wheel is the only sure path to healing. O Lord My Keeper and Defender, into Your hands I commit my heartbreaks disappointments, and consternations. You restore my soul. Keep me out of the way of Your divine work so Your Wisdom and Mercy may prevail and my heart and hands may be clean. 

Comments

  1. There seems to be a plethora of offenses available for folks to appropriate these days. One day will all have to make a choice......hang on to my offenses or give them up and enter into the Kingdom of God. We simply cannot take them with us. I fear there are many who will choose to cling to their offenses, and will be left behind. That would mean Hell is a choice, and the gates are locked from the inside.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment