I
enjoy problem solving, but have learned that doing it on my own is not always the
best way. For instance, I've begun work on many projects around the house
without initially understanding what was needed to finish. Multiple trips to
the hardware store is often the result. However, when I know everything I need
before beginning by consulting sources of help, the work is much easier and the
job is done right the first time. Doing the homework before starting makes all
the difference. Spiritual work is the same. I can stumble my way through for
lack of preparation, or I can first consult with the Master Craftsman through
His Word, listen for His instruction in prayer and seek His counsel through
trusted spiritual mentors. Problem solved. Father, You always have the right
tools, materials and sequence. Teach me Your ways and lead me by Your perfect wisdom.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment