“Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but Yours, be done,” Luke 22:42 ESV. Even Our Savior faced a struggle with full surrender in the heat of battle. His self-denying garden prayer must become my own: “not my will, but Yours be done.” There is but one salvation, but the process of sanctification is day by day, moment by moment. I am quite proficient at making up excuses to avoid doing something I do not want to do. Simultaneously, I am equally adept at constructing convincing arguments within myself for what I want. Neither of these skills is helpful to the person who wants to please God. In fact, there is constant danger of talking myself right over a cliff into a sea of selfishness and disobedience. Father help me pull away from carnal desires and to push deeper into surrender. Your will first, Your will always and Your will alone!
A DAILY BLOG OF SPIRITUAL INSIGHTS FROM THE MORNING PRAYERS OF DANIEL WILLIAMS
Comments
Post a Comment