“Whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked,” 1 John 2:6 ESV. The desire to walk in bigger shoes is instinctive and rooted in mankind’s created purpose since “God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them,” Genesis 1:27 NKJV. We are being groomed by God for higher things. As a child, I would commandeer my father’s shoes and walk around the house. It was clumsy, awkward, adventurous and a bit perilous; it still is. Now that my daily pursuit is to walk in my Heavenly Father’s shoes, I sometimes experience the same perils I did as a child. I often feel too small, too amateurish, too inelegant and clunky. But wear them I must. Lord, I am still a rookie, but I know that "risk is reward" when taken in pursuit of Your will. Stabilize my steps as I continue to learn.
A DAILY BLOG OF SPIRITUAL INSIGHTS FROM THE MORNING PRAYERS OF DANIEL WILLIAMS
Comments
Post a Comment