“When I remember you on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches,” Psalms 63:9 NKJV. I arrived very late in my room last night after a significantly delayed flight. I was exhausted, frustrated, and not in a great mood. Yet within just moments of prayer, reading Scripture, and praise, I not only felt better, but I also received some clarity on a couple of issues on which I needed direction. God is so GOOD! Psalm 16:7 states: “I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel; my heart also instructs me in the night seasons.” Again, he wrote, “You have tested my heart; You have visited me in the night” Psalm 17:3. How marvelous it is that Almighty God whispers His divine secrets to His children. It was a reminder of how vital cultivating a listening ear actually is. Father, thank You for speaking to my heart. Help me be faithful as both a hearer and a doer of Your Word and Will.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment