“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me,” Psalm 23:4 NKJV. This famous passage is jam-packed with powerful words! But my favorite is the word “through”. There are unseen blessings awaiting me at the end of every perilous journey. Though the trail to victory first descends into dark valleys full of frightening shadows of death, my feet shall again stand on the sacred ground of God’s holy mountain! To act with due caution is wise, but timidity is never a prudent course of action. Fear-governed thoughts and actions rarely lead us to the right conclusions; panic is not a reliable strategy. THE LORD is My Champion and My Victor, of whom will I be afraid? Fear of God delivers me from all other fears! Selah! LORD, thank You for leading me beside the still waters of Your Promises. In You, I peacefully rest.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment