“For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, ‘Fear not, I am the one who helps you,’ Isaiah 41:13 ESV. Raising kids grants many insights into spiritual development. While navigating our small children through danger zones such as a busy parking lot or crossing a street I would say: “hold dad’s hand tightly”, but wise parents do not depend upon the strength of their child’s handhold. Instead, we wrap our hands around theirs with a vice grip. It is incredibly comforting to know that I still depend upon the firm grasp of my Heavenly Father's hand. His grip on me is much firmer than my grip on Him. His Word clutches the strings of my heart. His Will clings to my own. I cannot simply pull away on a whim. At times I struggle against His embrace, only to be pulled-in tighter by His Holy Hand. Father, You are “The Lord my Keeper”, thank You for Your encircling love. Your love has no limits and Your grasp is my constant rescue.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment