“There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love,” 1 John 4:18 ESV. To run from our fears leaves us in a state of relentless anxiety. To bulldoze through our fears in unwarranted self-confidence can destroy us and others. There is a better way; to run to God with our fears is to face them and destroy them. “I can handle this!” are “famous last words,” often spoken just before befalling an impending catastrophe. Confidence is great if rightly placed, but hubris is the beginning of many sorrows. The fear of God delivers us from fear of anything else. Glorious LORD of All, while I myself can do nothing without Your mercy, power, and grace, in Your strength, “I can run through a troop and leap over walls.” “I can do all things” while nestled safely in Your Promises, Strength, and Authority.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Amen think I I’ll weave this in the message this morning thank you 🙏 brother for the missing link
ReplyDelete