“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way,” 1 Timothy 2:1-2 ESV. This passage is so appropriate for this very moment, so today I will use it as a pattern for my morning prayer. Blessed Father, Maker of all people, Ruler of all things, I begin my prayers seeking Your salvation for ALL PEOPLE, especially in my beloved nation. I thank You for sending the peoples of the world to this special land. Empower us to love one another with Your burning love. Grant us grace to understand and cherish one another, especially in times of misunderstanding and turmoil. We remember before you our appointed leaders in high positions and ask that You grant them Your wisdom and guidance. And LORD, help me lead a peaceful, quiet, godly, and dignified life before others. Amen.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment