“‘Am I a God who is near, declares the Lord, ‘And not a God far off?’“ Can a man hide himself in hiding places, So I do not see him?’ declares the Lord. ‘Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?’ declares the Lord.’” Jeremiah 23:23-24. Time spent pondering the life-transforming power of God's presence is time well invested. Bidden, or not bidden, He is always near, yet He often remains unacknowledged. Awareness of His presence is a major game-changer. I must recalibrate my mind, body, and spirit to recognize and welcome God’s Presence. Upon awakening, I must thank Him for the gift of a new day. Throughout each day, I must practice disciplines that cultivate consciousness of His Presence. At the close of each day, I must trustingly rest in God’s Presence, casting all my cares upon Him. Lord, grant me the grace to pull away from the dizzying anxiety of this world and, like a child, lay my head against Your chest. May my breath rise and fall in cadence with Yours and help me learn Your ways.
A DAILY BLOG OF SPIRITUAL INSIGHTS FROM THE MORNING PRAYERS OF DANIEL WILLIAMS
Comments
Post a Comment