The
rivers in the city where I’ve lived most of my life are tidal. Each day they
rise and fall, widen and narrow, providing a constantly changing panorama.
Every tidal cycle quietly deposits new debris on their banks and lifts away
what had been previously dropped by. In many ways, my whole life is tidal.
People come and go, problems and blessings arrive unannounced then slip away, interesting
surprises float by and it is all leading to a point I cannot see beyond the
horizon. God of All Creation, You never cease depositing, withdrawing and
leading me forward. I love Your ways Sweet Lord.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment