Will God speak to the depths of a heart not open to His voice? Can I
expect God’s guidance in issues closed to His counsel? Provoked by His
extravagant love He does, in fact, speak through humanly held barriers,
standing just outside the door knocking. Though His voice may be muffled by a
door held tightly shut, He cannot, He will not be silenced. As a father
pursuing a lost child, the LORD will neither sleep nor slumber till our hand is
safely in His. Holy Father, I seek hope that only You may bring; uproot every
impediment to Your voice within me. I long for Your words my God, my Redeemer.
On Your promises I can safely stand.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment