“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad” (2 Corinthians 5:10). I will one day stand before the God whose judgments are perfectly accurate; this is not a comforting thought. But alas, each of His names reveals another facet of our Judge. He is the Great Physician, the Savior, the Good Shepherd, Our Mediator, Advocate and Redeemer. Suddenly, I am feeling much better about this. A journey through The Lord’s biblical monikers lifts us from the valley of the shadow of death and places us in the company of The Most High God! Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace and Great I Am, I march toward the Day of Judgment both with trembling knees and a heart brimming with blessed assurance.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment