Skip to main content

THE SIN OF WORRY

I have often fallen into a trap of feeling something was urgent or desperate, when in fact, it never was. I have wasted innumerable hours trying to think my way past problems, only to later discover they had never even existed the way I had perceived them. It is wise to be on our guard, but anxiety drains away life and is in direct contradiction to God’s command. For instance, we are told in Philippians 4:6 “Be anxious for nothing”. Instead, we are to let prayer, promises and praise reshape our worries into expectation of God’s intervention. Heavenly Father, today, I will again cast my cares upon You. You are the answer to every question, the provision for every need and though I may deserve judgement and condemnation You never turn away in disgust. I can truly say, it is well; it is well with my soul. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INSIDE OUT

A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.

HEARTBREAKS

Every soul experiences heartbreaks. Heartaches accumulate and develop tentacles that reach deep into our whole being. Particularly painful is the regret associated with perceived failures. Heartbreaks, failures and the remorse they foster do us no good unless they become motivation for learning, change and growth. People often let heartbreaks simmer too long which leads to hardening of the heart, but heartaches placed into the Master’s hands become pathways for spiritual progress. Lord, You make all things new. I’m joyfully growing, one heartache at a time. Use me as healing balm to others whose hearts are broken. 

THE LORD IS ONE

Usage of the phrases “My God” and “Our God” in songs and conversations among believers has gone far afield from the Biblical context in which they were used. These seemingly innocent attempts to describe our relationship with Elohim must only be spoken with keen Scriptural understanding: “I am the Lord, there is no other, apart from me there is no God.” Plain and simple, to even imply that He is but one choice among many is fundamentally false. In a world of increasing polytheism we must be clear, the LORD is One, He stands alone as King of the Universe, Creator of All Things. Holy LORD, let my life declare boldly, You Alone are Almighty God.