“Then Simon Peter came, following him, and went into the tomb. He saw the linen cloths lying there, and the face cloth, which had been on Jesus' head, not lying with the linen cloths but folded up in a place by itself,” John 20:7 ESV. I do not pretend to understand what the folded napkin means, but I know what it means to me. I see that through His through His death, burial, and resurrection removes my shame, and I will see God face to face! I see in that folded napkin that God pays attention to every detail. I see in that folded napkin Jesus “spiking the ball” at Lucifer’s feet; only the Lamb has the power of eternal life! Theological arguments remain as to whether the original Greek words read, “neatly folded’ or “thrown aside’. I like both possibilities! I either case, Satan is defeated, and I will face God as a son of the Living God! Gracious Father, thank You for our glorious salvation.
A serious pursuit of godliness requires an equally serious renunciation of worldliness. Too often, we measure spirituality with false scales. While being wisely selective with our public vices we are less so with our private attitudes and perspectives. In reality, it is the thoughts and intents of the heart where the greatest battles must be waged; our actions will ultimately align with the condition of our hearts. Lord God, You know me inside out, You are not fooled by human facades. Plow my heart with Your Word and Spirit and leave nothing unturned. Refresh my inward man that I may outwardly glorify You in all places at all times.
Comments
Post a Comment